Courses/Robotics 101/Here To Servo
In this session you be using an advanced type of motor called a servo. This allows you to rotate the motor to specific angles and is excellent for building things such as arms, claws or a neck for a scanning robot.
If in doubt or unfamiliar with anything, approach our eager and friendly instructors! They'll love to help you understand!
Create a claw for your robot so it can grab hold of an object and take it to a new location.
Preparation for this lesson:
- Have a completed and functional robot.
- Understand C++ syntax and how to program the mbed.
By the end of this lesson:
- Installed a servo on your robot.
- Learnt how to program the servo to perform accurate motions.
- Servos - How servos function and how to use them
The following is a list of video tutorials that will help explain some of the new concepts you will face in the robotics course.
We recommend that if you have time, you should look through these materials to gain further understanding before the hands-on session.
The following is a list of instructors involved in the robotics course. Please feel free to contact them if you have any questions.